As part of our commitment to fostering a diverse inclusive community, Berkeley Carroll provides need-based financial assistance for students in PreK 4 through 12th Grade. Financial aid covers not only tuition but many ancillary activities and program fees. In 2019-20, Berkeley Carroll granted more than $8,000,000 in financial aid to approximately 25% of our student body.
Families must apply for aid each year and awards are made based on the current year's financial picture. Although financial aid is never guaranteed year to year, the school is confident that should a family's financial situation remain consistent, the school support will remain consistent as well.
We encourage all interested families with children to apply for financial aid.
How to Apply
Our school uses a combined analysis of the Tuition and Data Services (TADS) application, the family’s most recent federal income tax return, and any additional supporting documentation to determine financial need. Every application for financial assistance is given individual attention and handled with complete confidentiality.
You may begin the financial aid application process by logging in to TADS. New TADS users will first need to create an account. Download helpful guidelines and tips for applying for aid
Families applying for initial admission will also need indicate on their online admission application that they intend to apply for financial aid. Applying for financial aid will not prejudice an application for admissions. Admissions decisions are made independently of decisions made by the Financial Aid Committee.
Key Deadlines for 2020-2021 academic year:
Submit TADS application (online): TBA
Submit 2018 federal tax return & any supporting documentation: TBA
Prospective and current families are encouraged to contact our Student Accounts and Financial Aid Coordinator with any questions: Vanessa Gallop
Support Beyond Tuition
Tuition at Berkeley Carroll includes many program costs that aren’t covered at other schools. Because we recognize there may still be additional costs associated with attending school, financial assistance can extend to these areas for students with demonstrated financial need:
- Application Fee Waivers
- Musical instruments
- Home internet access and devices for home use
- Assistance with the purchase of books at the Lower School Book Fair.
- Food stipends and reimbursements for items needed for school field trips
Tutoring and Educational & Psychological Evaluations
- Required testing and evaluation
- Recommended occupational, speech and psychological counseling
- Recommended tutoring and remediation
- Athletic-related travel support to students on financial aid. The amount of support will vary by each athletic trip.
- Global education trip support for students going on an international academic trip as part of their BC education at the same percentage of their financial aid award.
- College Board exam fee assistance and waivers on a case by case basis.
- SAT/ACT on-campus prep courses fee assistance on a case by case basis.
- College tours support on a case by case basis.
- Half off of the yearly Extended Day programming package.
- A discount offered for eligible summer camp programs. Refer questions to the Director of Auxiliary Services.
- Support for yearbook ads and prom tickets at a discount rate for graduating seniors.
- Auction tickets at a discounted rate. Refer questions to the Advancement Office.
- Events sponsored by Parents Association at a discounted rate.
Availability of FA Application with TADS:
September 1, 2019
Deadline for Current Berkeley Carroll Families:
December 1, 2019
Deadline for New Families:
December 17, 2019