Berkeley Carroll is a Pre-K through grade 12 college preparatory school of close to 1000 students located in the Park Slope section of New York City. Our vibrant intellectual community draws students from all over the city. Admission to the school is competitive and both our parents and students value achievement.
The Berkeley Carroll School is seeking a Head Counselor for its children’s summer camp in 2023 to lead our groups ranging from grades PreK - 3.
To oversee the safety and well-being of a group of 20 campers for the duration of the camp, and to plan and implement age-appropriate recreational and educational activities for campers on a daily basis.
Session 1: June 26 - 30
Session 2: July 5 - 14
Session 3: July 17 - 28
Session 4: July 31 - August 11
**Must be available for at least two consecutive sessions and also available the week of June 20th for staff orientation.**
M - F: 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Must be at least 21 years of age and a college graduate
- Must have a minimum of one of the following:
* one season of previous experience at a children’s camp
* one year of experience as a head or associate classroom teacher at an elementary school
* one year of experience working with elementary school children in an after school program or similar educational setting
- Must be available to work at least two consecutive sessions of camp
- Must be fully vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine, including booster.
- Creation of daily activity plans for campers
- Supervision of campers, both at Berkeley Carroll and during off campus visits
- Management of a team of CITs or Junior Counselors
- Reporting of any incidents or accidents to appropriate program personnel
- Communications with parents as needed
- Assisting with safe arrival/departure of campers
- Awareness of participant/counselor allergies, medications and emergency contact information
- Other camp duties, as assigned
Berkeley Carroll is committed to creating an environment that includes a diversity of perspectives and to cultivating an equitable, inclusive learning community in which everyone has a true sense of belonging. Candidates with a demonstrated commitment to, and experience with, diversity, equity or inclusion work are especially encouraged to apply.
Salary: $900 / week
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
For more information about our Summer Programs, please visit https://www.berkeleycarroll.org/summer-programs