Berkeley Carroll is a Pre-K through grade 12 college preparatory school of close to 1000 students located in the Park Slope section of New York City. Our vibrant intellectual community draws students from all over the city, admission to the school is competitive, and both our parents and students value achievement and community.
Berkeley Carroll is looking for a full-time Student Accounts and Financial Aid Manager. This person is responsible for providing superior customer service to our families while managing all aspects of student billing and collections, enrollment contracts, and guiding families through the financial aid application process. This person will have excellent organizational and communication skills and be able to work independently as well as collaboratively with different members of the school community, including the staff of the Business and Admissions Offices. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Manage all processes for student billing, including billing for tuition and auxiliary fees, recording payments and payroll deductions, responding to account inquiries and following up on collections for 1,000 plus student records.
- Maintain accurate student account records in the TADS billing system.
- Coordinate with various departments regarding auxiliary billing.
- Prepare regular aging reports of student receivable balances and identify emerging collections issues for appropriate action by the CFO.
- Manage regular communications with families regarding student accounts.
- Handle all issues with outside collection agency on old accounts and make recommendations for collections actions and system enhancements.
- Prepare deliverables for parent requests including promissory notes, dependent care, and forms related to employment-related tuition reimbursement.
- Produce enrollment data for annual association and state reporting.
- Work with the database manager to update and prepare TADS to send out 1,200 plus enrollment contracts for the upcoming year.
- Send out all enrollment contract communications; handle all deposit entries as well as monitor and report on returned contracts.
- Prepare daily executive summary of incoming re-enrollment contracts with historical data points.
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations and assist with annual audit.
- Communicate school policy regarding contract terms and conditions throughout the year.
- Act as the main point of contact for schoolwide tuition, enrollment, and financial aid inquiries and policies.
Financial Aid Management
- Guide 500 plus financial aid applicants through the financial aid process including proactively communicating with families to ensure timely submission of required documents to third-party financial aid system, SSS/TADS.
- Analyze approximately 500 application submissions and related supporting documentation to understand eligibility for financial aid for the Financial Aid Committee.
- Analyze new information provided by families during the appeal and emergency aid process for re-evaluation of financial aid granted and communicate decisions to families.
- Prepare and update reports tracking historical financial aid awards, and other financial aid analytics.
- Act as the Financial Aid liaison to the school for all ancillary financial aid communications during the year.
- Process payments to over 50 outside vendors associated with ancillary financial aid support.
- Evaluate available financial aid systems and make recommendations for improvements in current processes and systems.
- Must have experience working in an educational setting
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Highly professional manner that conveys integrity, patience and warmth
- Strong interpersonal skills that lead to the cultivation of relationships with parents and colleagues
- Ability to effectively manage sensitive and confidential situations
- Highly organized with an ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Committed to working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Proficient in Excel and Word; knowledge of Blackbaud NXT and SSS/TADS
Berkeley Carroll is committed to creating an environment that includes a diversity of perspectives and to cultivating an equitable, inclusive learning community in which everyone has the opportunity to experience a sense of belonging. Candidates with a demonstrated commitment to and experience with diversity, equity or inclusion work are especially encouraged to apply.
Salary and benefits are highly competitive and will be offered commensurate with experience and credentials. The salary range for this position is $80k - $105k. This full-time position begins as soon as possible.
All employees of Berkeley Carroll are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Candidates should send a cover letter, resume with a list of references, and completed Berkeley Carroll Employment Application found on berkeleycarroll.org to: Karen Benson, Chief Financial Officer: email@example.com