Berkeley Carroll is a Pre-K through grade 12 college preparatory school of 970 students located in the Park Slope section of Brooklyn in New York City. Our vibrant intellectual community draws students from all over the city. Admission to the school is competitive, and both our parents and students value achievement.
The Berkeley Carroll School is looking for a Physical Education / Sports teacher for its Creative Arts Program in the summer of 2023. We are looking for teachers who can teach soccer and other various sports classes.
To oversee the planning and execution of four daily courses for a five week summer program. Courses meet for fifty-minutes each day, and are designed for either 3-5 graders or 6-9 graders. CAP teachers are also expected to attend daily student performances in the early afternoon, and must be present for weekly staff meetings. They are also responsible for managing and mentoring 1-2 Counselors in Training in each course. Teachers use their creativity to create a summer course that engages students and helps them stimulate creativity.
July 5 - August 4, 2023
*All staff must attend orientation the week of June 26th
Must be at least 21 years of age and a college graduate
Must have extensive experience as an artist and instructor
Must have a minimum of one of the following:
- two seasons of previous teaching experience at a comparable summer program
- one year of experience as a head classroom teacher at a school
- extensive experience teaching in after school or enrichment programs
Must be fully vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine, including booster.
- Creation of daily lesson plans for four courses
- Management of a team of CITs
- Reporting of any incidents or accidents to appropriate program personnel
- Communications with parents as needed
- Awareness of participant/counselor allergies, medications and emergency contact information
- Other program duties, as assigned
Berkeley Carroll is committed to an inclusive program and a diverse faculty and student body. Candidates with a demonstrated commitment to and experience with diversity, equity or inclusion work are especially encouraged to apply.
Salary: $800 - $1,100 / week
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.
For more information about our Creative Arts Program, please visit: