The Berkeley Carroll is a Pre-K through grade 12 college preparatory school of 980 students located in the Park Slope section of Brooklyn in New York City. Our vibrant intellectual community draws students from all over the city, admission to the school is competitive, and both our parents and students value achievement and community.
The Berkeley Carroll School seeks part time Swim Instructor.
- Teach beginner and advanced swim lessons to children and adults.
- Develop safe and effective swim lessons
- Follow Red Cross teaching progressions
- Create a welcoming and engaging environment for swimmers
- Work together as a team with other aquatic staff members
- Record swim lessons in an electronic scheduling software program
- Follow Athletic Center Policies
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification/YMCA or USA Swimming
- Previous competitive swimming background or conditioning
- Experience instructing children (1-2 years)
- Experience teaching group classes with Infants and Toddlers preferred
- COVID-19 Vaccinated
- Saturday availability from 9am-1pm or 1-5pm
- M-F availability from 3-7pm or 4-7pm,1 or more days
- 5 – 20 hours per week
Please send a completed Berkeley Carroll Employment Application , resume, and cover letter to Luci Rosalia, Athletic Center Coordinator (email@example.com).
All employees of Berkeley Carroll are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Berkeley Carroll is committed to an inclusive program and a diverse faculty and student body. Candidates with a demonstrated commitment to and experience with diversity, equity or inclusion work are especially encouraged to apply.