Berkeley Carroll is a Pre-K through grade 12 college preparatory school of close to 1000 students located in the Park Slope section of New York City. Our vibrant intellectual community draws students from all over the city. Admission to the school is competitive and both our parents and students value achievement.
The Berkeley Carroll School is seeking an Aquatics Director for its children’s summer camp in 2022 to lead our groups ranging from grades PreK - 9.
To supervise all aspects of the pool and camp’s aquatics program, and help maintain safety standards according to DOH policy.
Dates and Hours:
June 27 - August 12, 2022 with mandatory staff orientation the week of June 20th.
Monday - Friday: 8:30am - 3:30pm
Qualifications and Certifications:
- 21 years of age and high school graduate
- Must have a minimum of:
- one season of previous experience as a camp aquatics director at a New York State children's camp;
- Or two seasons of previous experience consisting of at least 12 weeks as a children's camp lifeguard which had more than one lifeguard supervising it at a time;
- Or 18 weeks of previous experience as a lifeguard at a swimming pool or bathing beach
- Current and NY state accepted CPR certificate and First Aid for the Professional Rescuer or equivalent
- Certified as Water Swimming Instructor (WSI)
- Qualified Lifeguard according to NY State Code
- Adhere to the policies set forth by New York State and Berkeley Carroll as stated in the manual and materials given or revisions thereafter
- Supervise/perform the necessary camper swim testing at the beginning of each new session, prior to any camper swimming
- Adequate supervision to ensure injury and emergency procedures are handled according to standards
- Provide supervision of assigned pool area, staff, and its occupants
- Handle pool area emergencies and injuries, including emergency preparations
- Ensure camp’s daily water testing is completed daily according to NY State Code
- Report incidents that are required by the local health department code within 24 hours
- Report any discipline problems to the Director of Summer Programs
- Effectively mentor and teach swim instructors
- Assist other support staff as requested with major camp tasks
Berkeley Carroll is committed to creating an environment that includes a diversity of perspectives and to cultivating an equitable, inclusive learning community in which everyone has a true sense of belonging. Candidates with a demonstrated commitment to, and experience with, diversity, equity or inclusion work are especially encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
For more information about our Summer Programs, please visit https://www.berkeleycarroll.org/summer-programs