Berkeley Carroll is a Pre-K through grade 12 college preparatory school of close to 1000 students located in the Park Slope section of New York City. Our vibrant intellectual community draws students from all over the city, admission to the school is competitive, and both our parents and students value achievement and community.
Berkeley Carroll’s Upper School seeks a part-time (7:30AM-11:30AM 4 days/week; 7:30AM-5PM Tuesdays) Upper School Administrative Assistant starting in August, 2023.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Upper School Office Manager and Upper School Director with scheduling, daily attendance, and records management.
- Provide general and administrative clerical support for Upper School-related issues
- Communicate with parents and faculty about Upper School information in a timely, friendly, and courteous manner.
- Organize Driver’s Education program; communicate with NY State Ed department and driving school.
- Learn and engage with Veracross student information system.
- Coordinate coverage for classes and substitute teachers.
- Coordinate purchasing and billing with the Business Office.
- Assist Upper School Office Manager with event preparation.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong facility with Google Drive and Microsoft programs, including Google Sheets and Excel
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to stay on task despite changing priorities and disruption
- Comfort interacting regularly with high school students
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to be a part of a school community
- Strong interpersonal skills
Berkeley Carroll is committed to creating an environment that includes a diversity of perspectives and to cultivating an equitable, inclusive learning community in which everyone has the opportunity to experience a sense of belonging. Candidates with a demonstrated commitment to and experience with diversity, equity or inclusion work are especially encouraged to apply.
The salary range for this position is $30.00 - $35.00 an hour; the position is approximately 25 hours per week and begins August 16, 2023.
Candidates should send a cover letter, and resume with a list of references, and completed Berkeley Carroll Employment Application to:
Jane Moore, Upper School Director: email@example.com
Shawntall Blackstock, Upper School Office Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org