A major way in which the school interacts with our community is through our community service program. This program, in which all students participate, has a beneficial impact on our local community, its service organizations, and our environment. Moreover, the program provides valuable learning experiences for our students.
As a school, we believe community service:
- Instills in students a sense of volunteerism.
- Helps student recognize the value of contributing to a larger community.
- Enlarges student's understanding of the world by doing works of service.
- Allows the school to share its resources and strengths with the wider community and connect with the neighborhood and local institutions.
- Develops each student's understanding of his or her abilities to improve his or her surroundings.
- Inspires responsibility and personal growth in students.
- Motivates students to consider and act upon issues of social justice and civic responsibility.
- Fosters a commitment to a lifetime of effective participation in public life.Community service provides opportunities to share with and learn from people of different ages, abilities, cultures, and educational backgrounds. It offers opportunities for independent learning and leadership outside the classroom, and it allows students to translate ideas and ideals in to action.