Through a unique program made possible through Berkeley Carroll’s partnership with
the Brooklyn Conservatory of Music, our students are able to couple
rigorous academics, athletics and arts with opportunities for high-level
music training, resulting in an education unparalleled in any New York
City school, public or private.
With over 100 faculty members, most of
whom hold advanced degrees from the world’s leading Conservatories and
Universities, the Conservatory expands and enriches Berkeley Carroll’s
Open to all students K-12, private lessons take place
on the Berkeley Carroll campus. All students participating in the
program have the opportunity to perform in recitals in the
Conservatory’s beautiful Concert Hall. Private instruction is available
in piano, voice, guitar, drums, violin, viola, cello, bass, flute,
clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, and tuba.
In addition to private instrumental and vocal instruction, the partnership also offers a few group classes:
Broadway Bound (open to grades 2-4) and Rock Band (open to grades 3-4),
Intro to Guitar (open to grades 2-4) and Percussion Playground (open to grades 2-4). For more information on group classes, please click HERE.
participating in the partnership are also invited to take group
classes/courses at the Brooklyn Conservatory at a discounted rate!
View a list of options or contact the Registration Desk at 718-622-3300, ext. 10
- Preregistration for Upper, Middle and Lower school’s Winter/Spring classes will be December 3 - 12, 20012
- Open Registration for new students begins December 12, 2012
- Winter Semester for Middle and Upper School students begins January 7, 2013
- Winter Semester for Lower School students begins January 14, 2013
- Preregistration for Lower School’s Spring trimester March 4 - 13, 2013
- Open registration on March 13, 2013
- Music Classes for Lower school’s Spring trimester begins April 2, 2013
Musical Instrument Petting Zoo
a special partnership with Berkeley Carroll, the Brooklyn Conservatory
is pleased to offer on-campus musical instruction to your children with
the top musicians in New York City! On Saturday September 8
1:30-2:30pm in the Athletic Center, the Brooklyn Conservatory will be
holding a Musical Petting Zoo where your child will have a chance to
hear, play and meet our faculty who will be demonstrating
violin, piano, drums, voice, recorder and guitar! Your child will have
the opportunity to explore which instrument is right for them and
parents will have an opportunity to register for lessons at the Athletic
Center from 1-3pm.
Brooklyn Conservatory Music Lesson Registration Details:Pre-Registration
for returning students will begin Wednesday, September 5th at 9:30am.
At this time, parents are welcome to call the Conservatory's
registration desk at 718-622-3300
into the Conservatory (58 7th
Ave) to register in person. Open Registration for new students will begin Saturday, September 8
from 9:30-2:30pm for all new students wishing to register for classes.
Parents are welcome to call the Conservatory’s
registration desk or come into the Conservatory to register in person. In addition, we will be holding registration on-site at Berkeley Carroll’s Athletic Center that same day, September 8th
from 1-3pm. This will occur during our Musical Petting
For General Information on the Brooklyn Conservatory at Berkeley Carroll Partnership, contact Stephanie Richards email@example.com
Conservatory ensembles and courses available through the partnership:
Teen Brass Ensemble (ages 10-19)*
- Open to brass players at an intermediate level or higher. Various styles of music, including both classical and jazz, are explored and performed both at the Conservatory and in community venues.
Teen R&B (ages 13-19)*
- Open to enthusiastic singers ages 13–19, this choir concentrates on the subtleties of R&B style, performing the music of such greats as Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye, and many others. A final performance is shared with the Adult R&B Workshop.
Teen Jazz Program - a combined program of (ages 10-19)*
- Jazz or Blues ensembles- formed each semester based upon level and instrumentation. These groups allow students to experience firsthand the exhilaration of playing real jazz in a full ensemble. Weekly rehearsals of jazz standards, bebop, and post-bop compositions focus on developing the specific skills required for ensemble playing, preparing students for at least one public performance each semester.
- Sequential classes that introduce teens to the essentials of music theory, specifically concentrating on jazz and other contemporary forms. Students learn how to listen to music critically and perform and improvise with greater knowledge and ease. Specific attention is given to repertoire covered in the corresponding student ensembles. Students will also have the opportunity to work on their own compositions.
Music and Technology Classes (ages 10-19)
Jazz/Classical Theory I-IV (ages 10-19)
Theory Games (ages 6-9)
Online registration for private instruction and group classes.
All Berkeley Carroll students will receive student discounts at Conservatory concerts. For more about how to take advantage of these opportunities, contact Peter Holsberg, Middle/Upper School Music Chairperson.
Visit Berkeley Carroll's Music Department page